Wednesday, September 24, 2014
Hotel & Restaurant Trolleys
Friday, September 19, 2014
Menu from HEMANT SINGH
- FOOD PRODUCTION
- Types: Definition: ORIGIN: Duke of Brunswick (1541) List of dishes served or made available to be served at a meal. a) Table d’hote b) A’la Carte MENU
- Table d’hote : Literal meaning is “ Table of the host ”. This is a fixed menu served at a fixed price.
- A’la Carte: Literal meaning is “ From the card ”. Dishes are priced separately and the Guest can make his/her own choice.
- 1.Menu is a list of F & B items made available to the Guests. 2. It is a tool for the Kitchen to do all the mise-en-place for its production. 3. It gives a variety to choose dishes. 4. It sometime gives the description of each dishes in brief so that the Guest knows about the contents of the dish. 5. It is a record for cost control purpose and also to regulate the portion size. FUNCTIONS OF MENU
- A’la Carte Table D’hote
- Food is kept in semi-prepared form.
- Waiting time is more.
- Waiting time is less.
- Portions served are large.
- Portions served are small.
- Food items are individually priced and served.
- The menu is elaborate.
- Very less or no choice.
- Silver is laid according to the dishes ordered.
- Silver for the whole menu is laid in advance
- Type of Guest / Customer
- Type of establishment
- Kind of Occasion
- Meal time (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Tea etc.)
- Availability of raw material.
- Availability of space and equipments.
- manpower available for production and service.
- Climatic conditions
- Religious ceremonies and sentiments.
- Age group.
- Spending power of the Guest / Customer.
- Repetition of Ingredients should not be there.
- Repetition of colour should be avoided.
- Repetition of words should be avoided.
- Texture of the dishes within the Menu should be changed.
- Always use correct garnishes.
- Menu should be balanced.
- Menu Language:
- Menu should be printed in one language only.
- Language used should be correct.
- If the menu is in French or some other foreign language, use English translations
- Spelling mistakes should not be there.
- Veg / Non-Veg. Items should be separate and spicy items should be marked.
- Hors d’oeuvres (Appetizers/Starter)
- Potage (Soup/Starter)
- Oeufs (Egg)
- Farineaux (Rice & Pasta)
- Poisson (Fish/Starter)
- Entrée (First Meat course)
- Sorbet (Flavoured Ice) Rest course
- Reléve (Main Meat course)
- Rôti (Roast)
- Legumes (Vegetables)
- Salades (Salad)
- Buffet froid (Cold buffet)
- Entremets (Sweets)
- Savoureaux (Savoury)
- Fromage (Cheese)
- Dessert (Fruit & Nuts)
- Beverages (Tea / Coffee)
- Examples for Diff. Courses of F.C.M.
- Russian Salad, Egg Mayonnaise, Caviar, Smoked Salmon, Canapes, Prawn Cocktail.
- Consommes, Minestrone, Cabbage Chowder, Mulligatwany, Hot & Sour.
- Oeufs Florentine, Oeufs Farcis, Oeufs Coccote.
- Spaghetti Napolitaine, Canneloni, Ravioli, Fettucinni, Macaroni.
- Poisson grille tartare, Poisson Duglere, Poisson Colbert, Poisson Meuniere.
- Poulet saute chasseur, Supreme de Vollaile, Steak diane.
- Flavoured ice with Champagne, Cigars, Russian Cigarettes.
- Gigot d’agneau r ô ti, Cuissot de porc r ô ti.
- Chicken , Duck, Turkey with sauce or gravy
- Choufleur mornay, Puree de pommes, Epinard a’la crème.
- Vert, Francaise
- Jambon, Galantine de volaille, Poulet Roti
- Souffles, cr ê pes, Coupes.
- Welsh rarebit, Canape diane
- 15. Cheddar, Edam, Brie, Gorgonzola. 16 . Fresh fruits and Nuts 17. Tea, Coffee
The World of Wine & Spirits from HEMANT SINGH Beverages are potable drinks which have thirst-quenching, refreshing, stimulat...
This type of service is the same as that of French service. However, in Russian service, the food is fully prepared and pre-cut in the kit...
This is usually called "plate service” because the food is already placed in the plate in the kitchen ready to be served to the guest...
In a restaurant, there are two different types of menus which are differentiated by the manner in which they are served and priced. A menu...